Our registered address is Romero House, 8 Airport West, Leeds LS19 7ZA. Registered in England and Wales number 8968744.
Any personal information you supply to Booking Protect Limited will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, from May 2018 will be in agreement with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other legislation intended to protect your personal information and privacy.
Booking Protect Limited sends cookies to your computer from the Website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disc for record keeping purposes. Cookies can make the Internet more useful to you because they contain information about your preferences on particular websites, which allows website owners to provide more useful features for their users. For more information on Cookies please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Should you wish to refuse to accept cookies or restrict the data that we collect through our tracking software, you can alter your cookies setting in your browser. However, if you choose to alter your cookies setting in your browser you may be unable to access parts of the Website.
What information do we collect, and how?
The personal information Booking Protect Limited collects through your interaction with us or third parties in connection with a service or product offered may include details such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, health information and IP address.
Personal information is collected by Booking Protect Limited:
- via enquiry, registration, refund forms, feedback forms;
- when you fill out a survey, or vote in a poll on our website;
- through feedback forms and web analytics tags;
- when you provide your details to us either online or offline; and
- via third parties.
We will do our best to ensure that information is kept up to date and accurate. Please assist us in this by advising us of any changes as soon as possible.
What will the information be used for?
The personal information Booking Protect Limited collects will be used for analytical purposes, managing and administering products and services that we supply, refund handling and to assist us in improving our website, processes, products and services.
We will also use information collected to safe-guard against fraud and money laundering. We are required to report details of some suspicious activities to the Serious Organised Crime Agency (SOCA).
Please note that we have the ability to retain any data that you provide on this website, even if you do not complete your application by clicking submit/next.
All sensitive data is encrypted at rest. Sensitive data is only stored for the minimum period required for the purpose which it was provided or by law
Who will we share it with?
We do not disclose your information to anyone outside Booking Protect Limited except:
- Trustpilot who gather quality of service feedback on our behalf (name, email address and locale only); or
- where we have your permission; or
- where we are required or permitted to do so by law or by
- regulatory bodies; or
- to other companies who provide a service to us or you, including when you make a refund request; or
- where it is necessary for the performance of an agreement we have with you; or
- for credit reference or fraud prevention purposes; or
- where we may transfer rights and obligations under this agreement.
Disclosure of your information to a third party outside of Booking Protect Limited will only be made where the third party has agreed to keep your information strictly confidential and use it only for the specific purpose for which we provide it to them.
We may transfer your information to other countries including those located outside the European Economic Area. If we do this we will seek to ensure that anyone to whom we pass it provides an adequate level of protection.
Booking Protect Limited does not sell customer data to third parties. We also do not permit the selling of customer data by any companies who provide a service to us.
Using your online account
When you set up your account with Booking Protect Limited, you can:
- make a application for a refund;
- provide information to complete an application.
To set up and use your account, you’ll need:
- your email address;
- a memorable password which you can choose.
We recommend that you do not share your account details with anyone. If you do give your email address and password to another person, they will have all your privileges, and will be able to view or change your details. In these instances you will be responsible for their actions, and Booking Protect Limited cannot accept any responsibility for any adjustment made without your authority.
Because circumstances can change, you should review your access details regularly to make sure they are still appropriate for you and anyone you have given permission to access your account.
If we’re contacted by phone we won’t discuss the refund with anybody other than the ticket/voucher holder unless we already have their explicit consent.
Preventing and detecting fraud
To help prevent and detect fraud we may at any time:
- share information about you with other organisations and public bodies including the police;
- check the details you have supplied with fraud prevention agencies and databases including publicly available data (for example on County Court Judgements, bankruptcy information and electoral role data). If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering;
- periodically search records held by fraud prevention and credit reference agencies to:
- check your identity to prevent money laundering;
- carry out credit searches, electoral roll searches and further fraud searches.
You must have the consent of any named person on the product to pass on their information (including any sensitive personal information such as criminal convictions or medical information) to us.
We do not intentionally collect any information from children under 16 years of age, and unless the information was collected in connection with a refund application, shall delete the details when a parent or guardian notifies us that details have been obtained from their child.
Third Party Links
Errors and Omissions
If you believe that there may be an error in any of the information that you have submitted, please log in to your refund account to contact us and we will review and correct any inaccurate information in your records as soon as possible.
You should be aware that any telephone calls made to us may be recorded for monitoring and training purposes and to assist us in preventing and detecting fraud. Therefore, your use of this means of communication means that you accept and consent to this.
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 (from May 2018 General Data Protection Regulations), you are entitled to request a copy of the personal data Booking Protect holds about you. To do this, please contact us with full details of what you require by email at email@example.com or in writing to the Data Protection Manager, Booking Protect Ltd, Romero House, 8 Airport West, Leeds LS19 7ZA. A cheque or postal order for £10 payable to Booking Protect Ltd will be required.